Big Apple Film Festival, in a partnership with Quad Cinema and the QUADflix SELECT Program, are offering filmmakers the opportunity to have their film screen in a one week theatrical run at Quad Cinema in New York City, as well as encoded and submitted to iTunes, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and Sony Playstation.
The Package is as follows:
Features & Cost
For one set price, the QUADflix SELECT program offers the following 3 services:
Having a successful New York run in a theater like the QUAD CINEMA + good reviews from the film critics, will achieve 3 important goals:
- QUADflix NEW YORK. You will receive a full one-week (7 days) run at the prestigious QUAD CINEMA, located in the heart of Greenwich Village in New York. Hours will be from 1:000PM to midnight. Depending on the length of the film, you should be able to schedule 5 or 6 shows per day. The QUAD CINEMA has been operating in the same location for 39 years. IMPORTANT: YOU WILL KEEP 100% OF THE BOX OFFICE INCOME, payable within 7 days after the run of the film.
- QUADflix PUBLICITY. Your film will be aggressively promoted. You will receive the services of our publicist who will set up Press Screenings, prepare and mail Press Releases and compile and distribute Production Notes. The goal is to have your film reviewed by the major New York publications, especially the all-important New York Times. To date, every QUAD film has been reviewed by the Times. In addition, your film will be included in the QUAD ad in The New York Times and Village Voice, it will be listed in the QUAD website and it will be promoted in the QUAD CINEMA E-NEWS (over 7,500 subscribers).
- QUADflix DIGITAL AND DVD SALES. With your approval, we will include FREE encoding, packaging and submission of your film to Apple's iTunes. Apple pays the filmmaker 70% of the income generated. You will receive 100% of this income. For a nominal charge, your encoded film can be submitted to Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and Sony Playstation. With each outlet you will receive 100% of the income generated. We can also sell DVDs of your film through Amazon, Netflix and through our in-house QUAD DVD GEMS program.
The total cost for the entire package is $11,000.00. REMEMBER: since you will be receiving 100% of the box office income, this amount will definitely be reduced. Also the cost of a publicist and encoding your film for iTunes would cost thousands of dollars on the open market
- They will enhance your chances of your film being accepted by the major non-theatrical and online outlets. REMEMBER: Acceptance is not guaranteed.
- They wil be the "hooks" your film will need to insure substantial sales and rentals from these outlets.
- They will offer the opportunity for NATIONAL DISTRIBUTION, which will be handled by our QUADflix SELECT booker.
WE ACCEPT ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS.
Quadflix SELECT also offers an Oscar Qualifying Package. This package is as follow:
Oscar Qualifying Package
As filmmakers of documentary films become more creative and proficient, their desire to seek an Oscar nomination has become all-important. But the Academy has many requirements which have to be met for them to consider any submission. In a nutshell, these are the important ones:
- Must be over 40 minutes (to be considered in the feature length category).
- Must complete a full week's run in both New York (Manhattan only) and Los Angeles (Los Angeles County). The film must be exhibited on a "paid admission" basis.
- An ad must run in each city. In New York the Academy will only approve an ad in The New York Times, Time Out New York and the Village Voice. In Los Angeles it must be in the Los Angeles Times or LA Weekly. The ad must be at least one inch by two inches, and must include (a) the name of the theater, (b) the film title and (c) the dates and the screening times. The ad must be placed by the filmmaker.
- The film must be projected in 16mm, 35mm or DCP (DIGITAL CINEMA PACKAGE)
- For the New York run, the film must be reviewed in the New York Times.
The QUAD is now offering an OSCAR QUALIFYING PACKAGE in New York. The Package includes, for ONE SET PRICE, the following:
- A full one-week run at the QUAD CINEMA with a minimum of 2 shows daily between the hours of 1:00PM and Midnight. A second filmmaker will share the screen and book the remaining shows.
- If necessary, a DCP projector and server will be provided. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING THE HARD DRIVE.
- The services of a publicist to set up the Press Screenings for the New York Times review.
- The required ad in the Village Voice.
- Your film will also be listed in the QUAD CINEMA ad in The New York Times and the Village Voice.
- Your film will be featured in the QUAD CINEMA website (www.quadcinema.com) and promoted in the QUAD CINEMA E-NEWS (almost 8,000 subscribers).
- All the services of the QUAD including ticketing and advance reservations by MOVIE TICKETS.COM.
TOTAL COST: $7,000.00.
Arrangements can be made in Los Angeles with our associate, Laemmle Theatres, for a specially reduced price.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT INFO@BIGAPPLEFILMFESTIVAL.COM OR CALL 646-708-5910. TO SUBMIT A FILM FOR EITHER PACKAGE., CLICK HERE TO APPLY.